Key to the success of LCiP is the achievement of results that will continue to spread beyond the end of the project, furthering the promotion and uptake of LC approaches among SMEs in covered sectors in participating regions but also extending to other regions.
In order to enable these further developments, the LCiP project results in the following:
- 1 online LC resource centre and 4 physical resource centres,
- Building training capacity in 4 European regions: Belgium, France, Portugal and Spain, through the training of trainers and practitioners, the establishment of trainer clubs to share and co-develop training capacity,
- Implementation of Life Cycle approaches in 32 SMEs,
- Evaluation tool adapted to the reality of SMEs to assess the environmental and socio-economic impact,
- Practical tools and methods tailored to the needs of SMEs in participating sectors,
- A network of Life Cycle Champions (influential regional players in their industrial sector) to provide guidance and training to SMEs during and after the project,
- Life Cycle Awards in each participating region,
- European and Global dissemination of LC approaches,
- A baseline analysis of the maturity of Life Cycle approaches in the 4 participating regions, including surveys and interviews of key actors, and a cartography of existing resources available to practitioners.