SInnDesign is currently developing training tools and modules for design for sustainability (DfS) for several sectors including building materials
SInnDesign is a Lifelong Learning Programme project which was conceived to develop training materials and tools for design for sustainability (DfS) of furniture, textiles for the habitat and building materials, leading to innovative and competitive solutions. For more information: http://sinndesignproject.eu/
The overall objective of SInnDesign is to develop training materials and tools for the systematic integration of sustainability considerations (environmental, social and economical) in the design process of products belonging to the habitat domain (furniture, textiles and building materials), leading to innovative and competitive solutions for the habitat. It is expected that SInnDesign contributes to Europe’s innovative potential and competitiveness, developing a dynamic knowledge-based economy capable of sustainable economic growth with more and better jobs an greater social cohesion.
The specific aims and objectives of SInnDesign are:
– To contribute to the qualification of VET students and professionals already in the labour market on sustainability and innovation in the three target sectors, thus supporting the European strategies on sustainable construction, on the one hand, and contributing to quality lifelong learning, on the other;
– To support and promote the dissemination of design for sustainability and innovation contents in training and education through (i) the integration of the SInnDesign training materials and tools in existing curricula of relevant courses of the European VET systems of the participating countries, and (ii) new curriculum development, promoting its harmonization;
– To supply designers and other professionals involved in product and service development of the above mentioned sectors with the specialized skills for the practical implementation of design for sustainability and innovation in companies;
– To promote the integration of design for sustainability and innovation practices in companies involved in the pilot training sessions, demonstration workshops or any other dissemination activities (namely the national networks);
– To support the competitiveness of the project’s target sectors in Europe, creating added value to the companies;
– To contribute to the knowledge in sustainable development in the participating countries, according with the goals of the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development. Through these objectives the project will foster the cooperation between VET and the labour world, in the context of the challenges of competitiveness in a globalized economy. The nature of the consortium (a partnership of academia, research and technology centres, VET representatives and business associations and companies), together with the proposed national networks will ensure such endeavour.