Training sessions on Life cycle assessment of CO2, energy and water consumption in urban districts
Training sessions on "Life cycle assessment of CO2, energy and water consumption in urban districts", in the frame of the UrbiLCA project (SOE4/P4/E824) that is financed by the SUDOE – Interreg IVB program.
In Portugal, those sessions are being organized by LNEG (http://www.lneg.pt/iedt/projectos/491/paginas/162) with the support of: the University of Évora, the Energaia Energy Agency, and the Areanatejo Energy Agency:
Date & Venue:
- 22 April, in Évora: at University of Évora;
- 27 Abril, in Gaia: at Energaia Energy Agency;
- 29 Abril, in Lisboa: at LNEG – Campus do Lumiar.
Each session has a two-part program:
(1) 1st: Introduction to life cycle thinking, the LCA method in general and applied to building materials, buildings and urban areas;
(2) 2nd: The UrbiLCA tool – Intro, description and database; a case-study approach based on a concrete example.
The aim of the UrbiLCA project (www.urbilca-sudoe.eu) is three-fold:
(1) Promote the efficient use of energy and raw-materials, and the reduction of environmental impacts in the management urban districts in the SUDOE space, from its development stage till the end of life stage, and including its use and maintenance;
(2) Promote the lifecycle assessment (LCA) and its use in the design and planning of urban areas, and the rehabilitation of existing ones;
(3) The capitalization of the EnerBuiLCA project results (concluded: Dec 2012), which focused on individual buildings.